Tuesday 20 January 2015

Armoured dragon digital painting in Photoshop plus video process

I started a random piece a while back working in gray scale in Photoshop a while back, started as a bit of a doodle of a dragons head from the side view, I ended up spending quite a bit of time on the dragon and decided to add armour too. There will be a lot wrong with this painting especially how the lighting reflects off the metal and such but I still thought it was a pretty cool design so carried on anyways :P
I painting this dragon head over the period of about 5 hours in Photoshop CS6 using a Wacom Cintiq 13 HD. I want to start some tutorials when it comes to drawing dragons but I have very little experience with them to be giving other people tips, plus I am so slow at working that I think it would just bore people too much, we will see, maybe in the future..
Speaking of video tutorials, I have recorded the full process of this painting and sped it up to be a digital art time lapse video.
You can see the image and the video below :) Thanks for watching guys, be sure to subscribe.
and don't forget to like my facebook page too! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment