Monday 24 March 2014

Life study of light on eggs

Quick post of a study from life I have done, I am really trying to get the hang of lighting at the moment, truthfully I am finding it a lot harder then I probably should be but I will keep trying! I have been advised on the concept art forums to work more from life to understand it more so I not have a small table and a lamp next to my 'work station' ( a crappy little desk with my cintiq on) so hopefully this will help with my understanding of light and drawing from life.

The first 2 eggs (top 2) were very rough as I was concentrating soley on the lighting and not worried about making the eggs look good or realistic, the 3rd egg I spent more time on and tried to add a little texture and blend it a little better to see if I could make it look a little more realistic. I have also started up a sketchbook thread on the concept art forums which you can see here - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276607&p=3794019&viewfull=1
Although it's mainly the same  work I post on my blog anyway just with some extra sketches for people to give me feedback on how to improve my skills further.

No comments:

Post a Comment