Saturday 22 February 2014

1 day break from the challenge, mid point, hand study instead!

I decided to take a some time off from the portrait challenge until I managed to get some criticism.. and now I have some! the lady who does the challenge got back to me and started with my day 7 image in the live stream, unfortunately it's about 10pm now so I am not going to start the next face, but I will start it tomorrow, which means the break I had was only 1 day at least, I got plenty of notes for feedback, it's going to be challenging but hopefully it will be worth it!

On a side note before I knew I would receive feedback today I started drawing some hands, because I am awful at them... The website http://artists.pixelovely.com/ just uploaded their hand photos with timers, so basically I did x amount of hands for 60 seconds each, then I moved on and did 2 mins per hand, then I finished with two hands, 10 mins on each. The 60 second ones turned out awful for me, too fast for me at the moment but it's all good practice, I think I did just short of 50 hands by the end of it, took about an hour and a half. I need to work on hands a lot to get better at them but they are really boring!
Anyway the image is below, click it to view a larger image.
Anyway... back to the portrait challenge tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment