Monday 17 February 2014

Day 3 of the 14 day portrait challenge

I have barely had any time today to get this done due to being in uni all day and having plenty of work to do. However I managed to spare some time for day 3 ( wouldn't miss it! ) I spent a little longer then usual on this one, probably over 2 hours, maybe 2 and a half. This was because I spent more time structuring the features. If you saw my day 1 and 2 portraits you will know my faces looked more like aliens with pretty huge eyes. I decided to look at some proportions of heads online, they are a little different to the ones in the video tutorials I have been following for the challenge, so I am pretty confused now and unsure which are the 'correct' measurements. I think the tutorials for the challenge have the eyes a lot higher up then this one I found, but I gave it a go, I am sure it's not perfect still but hopefully there's some progress of some sort in there.

Looking at this picture side by side with day 1 and 2 I can honestly say there is a big improvement. Although the chin is slightly too big here and could do with being thinner for a more feminine look. I am not sure if the shape of the head is off? Again not too sure though. Lips and eye brows could do with some extra work.
Day 3.. DONE :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment