Saturday 15 February 2014

My first post and the start of the 14 day portrait challenge


Hello everyone! welcome to my first post :)

I am digital artist, although still very new and learning the basic, I decided to start up a blog which if nothing else will be a good way for me to track my progress and keep me on target. If I post something I set as a goal for a week later, having it written on a blog post, and even having people following my blog, will help make sure I stick to it and don't start slacking. Or at least that's the plan ;)

So yeah, Hopefully this is the start of something good! I have been working on digital art for a few months now and am using a Wacom cintiq13hd. You will see me posting links to my deviant art and my Youtube channel throughout the blog, so please help me out by subscribing :) links are below.

Deviant art 
Youtube


Enough with the boring intro.. This first post is the first day of me starting the '14 day portrait challenge' (you can see the link for this below) the idea is that by day 14 your portrait skills should have increased a lot.
http://istebrak.deviantart.com/art/The-14-Day-Challenge-Guide-Lines-433450654

So here is my portrait drawing for today, I can see some HUGE mistakes already, especially seen as the eyes are wayyy too big for the head, however even though it looks a little silly I am posting it up anyway, gives me more of a reason to improve if I post it! I am not too sure what to do with ears at this point so they are very rough and the lips are not perfect either, The head may be a little too long as well, not entirely sure.
This took me around 1 hour and 45 min. Considering I am usually very very slow with my art work I am actually pretty happy with this for a day 1 attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment