Friday 21 February 2014

Day 7 of the portrait challenge, putting it on hold until further feedback

Day 7..
Today's face started out looking pretty good and most of the features finished that way, I was especially happy with the lips and thought the eyelashes looked pretty cool too. However one thing that is really bothering me is the eyes, they just don't look right at all! I don't think it's the actual eye itself, but more the positioning of it, I tried to liquify it a little and move it round a bit but I just couldn't improve it. I am pretty disappointed about that because I think if it wasn't for that this would have been my best attempt so far. But every time I see this image, something really stands out that is not right about it. On a brighter note some features are an improvement at least so it's not a complete loss.

I have decided to put this challenge on hold for now ( day 7, the half way point) because you are supposed to get criticism / feedback each day on your work which I have not being able to get. So without knowing how to improve the faces I just end up drawing the same thing each time with a lot of guess work. I have contacted the lady who created the challenge so I am thinking I will wait until I hear back from her and then I can carry on with the next 7 :)
Anyway here is day 7..
I am not gonna lie though, after about 3 hours each day of drawing the same face I am pretty bored of drawing them in this style, looking forward to being able to draw something else for a little bit now. We will see what I come up with for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment