Wednesday 19 February 2014

Day 5 of the portrait challenge

Day 5.. Today's portrait took about 2 and a half hours, I worked pretty hard on this and it started looking looking promising quite early on, however as things went on it didn't really improve all that much and ended up looking pretty damn similar to yesterdays, I did manage to get a little bit of feed back on yesterdays, things such as using more of the brighter tones, I kept note of this throughout however, when you compare it to yesterdays it looks pretty similar, although it turned out 'okay' I am a little disappointed for how hard I worked on it. Also it ended up looking very circular and wide with a thin nose so I had to liquify a few bits and drag/squash the head to make it thinner. The more editing I have to do like this at the end the more disappointed I am as it means I had it pretty wrong in the first place :(. Could really do with getting the lady who does the challenge to give me some feedback but unfortunately have not heard back from her yet, fingers crossed soon though. My portraits look like they could be improved a lot, but I am just not sure what the next step is to achieve this, this is why getting feedback could be very beneficial, see the image below.

I think I have done the chin too big again too :/

No comments:

Post a Comment