Tuesday 18 February 2014

Day 4 of the portrait challenge

Day 4 of the portrait challenge and today was a stressful one! I had already been working on uni work all day, getting very frustrated so when it came to drawing the portrait I did not have much patience at first and was very close to giving up a lot towards the beginning! Still really struggling with the structure especially the eyes, just cannot get them right in terms of positioning and size. They are not too bad in this picture but I had to use the filter>liquify option a lot to get them right. That being said as frustrating as this one was I think it was a slight improvement on day 3, so it's a good job I didn't give up ( and trust me I really was close! )
It took me around 2 hours today I think.
I am thinking I did the nose a little too wide and possibly the eyes too wide open too. Definitely a slight improvement on the bottom lip if nothing else, I also get her a pointier chin, maybe too long still though?
I am hoping for some criticism back from the lady who set this challenge, no word yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment