Friday 28 February 2014

hair painting experiment and a concept character attempt

I will still be doing the last 4 portraits to the challenge but I am not going to do one a day. Just when I have enough time as I would like to study other things too!

So last night I bought a concept art course ( 50 mins long for around $20 ) and it was fantastic for creating characters in a 'concept art' style, which I would love to be able to do. I gave it a go today and have a picture to post up. It is far from 'good' but for my ability I thought it turned out alright for a first attempt. It doesn't look 'finished' but I got it to the stage I was trying to get it to. So the pic is below, I also included step 1 and 2, which is basically the silhouette, you can see how basic it starts out.
It is supposed to be a barbarian / warrior type guy, just in case you can't tell :) I keep meaning to get in some hair studies too, but for today I just did something really quick and then duplicated it and played around with colour and saturation, this didn't take too long and I enjoyed this :) + I thought it looked alright! that being said it doesn't exactly look realistic, not cartoony either though. hmm oh well I will work on it..
I am also posting these on my Deviantart page, feel free to follow me :) - http://learningasidraw.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment